Blogging or vlogging (video blogging) is a great way to attract more people to your website. I do it when I feel like winding down as it relaxes me (weird, I know!). But don't just start writing a blog for the sake of it. Make sure you have good content and use it as a "value add" for your audience. Below are 5 pretty sweet reasons why you should blog or vlog.
1. Google and all of the other search engines prefer to see a website that is regularly updated. The search engines will rank your website higher if new content is published.
2. Vlogging is gaining serious momentum and can be easily measured with views. A simple video tutorial on how to change a bicycle tyre can be posted to a bicycle website, Youtube and other social media platforms which can gain traction and additional traffic. This can result in the website moving up in the google rankings.
3. Now that you have traffic coming to your website through your blog, you have an opportunity to convert that traffic into leads. Just like every blog post you write is another indexed page, each post is a new opportunity to generate new leads. The way this works is really simple: Just add a lead-generating call-to-action to every blog post. Often, these calls-to-action lead to things like free ebooks, free whitepapers, free fact sheets, free webinars, free trials ... basically, any content asset for which someone would be willing to exchange their information.
4. Blogging forces you to teach yourself what you don’t know and to articulate what you do know. When you begin writing a blog post, you are forced to organize your thoughts. If there are any gaps in the topic that you are writing about, you will have to learn about it. Writing out and articulating your thoughts is a great way to internalise something you’ve learned or experienced. Writing helps you become more familiar with the topic you’re writing about.
5. If you have a blog with a lot of readers, there may be opportunities to monetize. In today’s economy, being diversified and having additional sources of income can be tremendously beneficial. If you are working a job that doesn’t pay as much as you’d like, or if you would simply like to earn more money (who doesn’t?), blogging can make for a great side income.
Income generated from blogging can also be “passive,” meaning it can be automated and is not directly correlated to the amount of time you put in to it.
Our team is available to write blogs and email newsletters for your company. We have a list of happy clients that appreciate good copy writing skills. The ability to write without "selling" is a skill well worth investing in.