Not for profit organisations are often faced with several issues. Limited government funding, often reliant on volunteers and frequently under resourced and having no money for marketing. Here are some ideas of how you can market a NFP cost effectively:
1. Television advertising: Many of the regional television stations have community service announcements or community noticeboards. If you have a commercial made promoting what you do within the community, quite often the television station will run the commercial or announcement for free. It forms part of their obligation as a broadcaster to the community.
2. Partner with a community event: For example, if there is a popular fun run within your community, you could get in touch with the event organisers and discuss the naming rights of the event.
3. Explore Google Ad Grants: Many non-profits mistakenly rule out pay-per-click marketing simply because it starts with the word “pay.” These marketers likely aren’t aware of Google’s Ad Grants program, which is basically free money given to non-profits to advertise on the world’s largest and most effective search engine, Google. To be considered for Google ad grants, you need an AdWords account, a Google non-profit account, and the customer ID from your AdWords account. Start the application process and get advertising for free so you can spread your cause to a much larger audience!
4. Allocate a small budget for social media advertising: With the correct targeting Facebook marketing can be very effective. The granular targeting options associated with Facebook allow you to target people with a specific salary and interests. You can build your ideal persona and market directly to your audience via messenger, sponsored posts and ads.
5. Apply for a “Donate Now” Button on FB: In August of 2015, Facebook announced that they’re allowing selected non-profits to add a “Donate Now” call-to-action button to their Facebook page encouraging users to act right on Facebook. With a lot of these causes it’s all about being in front of your audience at the right place, at the right time, with the right offer, and this button definitely promotes immediate action.
We are looking to work with non for profit businesses. We feel it to be an opportunity to give back to the community. If you would like assistance with your non for profit please get in contact with us here. Thanks for reading.