There is no doubt that video production has been on the rise for several years now. If you don't know how to do something, you can pretty much just jump on Youtube and find out how to do it, maybe not a heart transplant or brain surgery (best to leave that to the professionals!). But seriously, it is amazing the wealth of knowledge that has been accumulated using video production.
So why not use this to help your employees in your business? Imagine if your office assistant needed to know how to perform a certain function while processing an invoice. Your assistant is obviously going to ask you. But you are so busy, out at meetings with clients. What if you were able to send your assistant a simple link to a video, that would show her a step by step process of how YOU would like your invoicing processed. Well quit imagining. You can do it easily.
- Buy a headphone and microphone set - a good quality set. We tried it the cheap way with Apple Earphones and the attached microphone. We had alot of audio problems, so don't skimp on your equipment.
- Go to Google and download OBS Studio. This is a screen recording application that allows you to do explainer videos. It records your computer screen so you can create a personalised tutorial.
- Once you have downloaded OBS Studio, head over to Youtube and do a couple of "how to use OBS Studio" tutorials. It is really simple to use, but do the tutorials as it will assist with your knowledge of settings and workflow.
- Once you are ready to do your explainer video, open up your intended program or file that your want to produce.
- Put on your headphones and check your microphone works. Now hit record on OBS Studio, this will now start to record your screen and voice. Simply talk through the process and complete it the exact way you want the task done. Click on "stop recording" once you have finished.
- OBS Studio saves direct to your computers video files. Go there and view your first explainer video. If you are unhappy with it, you can edit it within the app.
- If you are happy with it, set up a private account on one of the video sharing platforms such as Vimeo or Youtube and set it to private with password security.
- Now you can just send this link to your collegue and they can complete the task the exact way you intended! Easy!
Processes like this sound painful at the start. However, the amount of time you will save is invaluable in the long run. Thanks for reading.