Direct flights from China to Darwin have commenced and the Chinese are coming! We have seen a significant increase across the Darwin metropolitan region in Chinese tourists in the past month which is great for the economy, but is your business ready? You need to be – especially if you are in the tourism industry. Did you know your business could be eligible for a Welcome China Grant?
Tourism NT is offering assistance for operators to acquire amenities and provide translated, culturally-appropriate tourism material. Operators can apply for one-off support funding of up to $2,000 to complete a range of steps to contribute to your organisation’s China readiness to engage with the Chinese customer. Funding support is available for a range of items that are “consumer facing” such as:
• Translation/printing of restaurant or room service menus.
• Production of a product/destination video with Chinese subtitles or Mandarin voice over that would be used on a tour.
• Translation/production of signage and safety cards.
• Purchasing hotel room amenities eg slippers.
• Production of a welcome letter, hotel fact sheet, and local map.
• Production of an in-room TV Chinese language information video.
• Subscription to a Chinese language newspaper for hotel guests.
You can go to the link below for further information. Thanks for reading!