Social Media users in Australia are some of the most active in the world, with a total of around 60% of the country’s population an active user on Facebook, and 50% of the country logging onto Facebook at least once a day. However Facebook doesn’t go without it’s controversy after the Cambridge Analytica scandal. It’s been reported that many Australian users are deleting their account and changing their privacy settings.
Is Facebook worried? The simple answer is – Yes. Facebook now feels it’s necessary to run TV commercials about their privacy commitments and telling users to go to https://fb.me/changesAU
Video is also a very popular medium in Australia with around 15 million Australian visitors to the YouTube website every month.
Social Media Statistics Australia – July 2018
1. Facebook – 15,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (steady)
2. YouTube – 15,000,000 Unique Australian Visitors per month (UAVs)
3. Instagram – 9,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (FB/ Instagram data)
4. Snapchat – 6,300,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Snapchat data)
5. WhatsApp – 6,000,000 Active Australian Users
With this many eyes on the above social media platforms, there are endless opportunities to get your brand in front of potential customers. Contact us for a coffee and a chat about how we can help you and your business.