Have you registered your business website with Google? If not, you should. While you are at it, you should consider registering your website with the other main search engine which is Bing. Google has approximately 94% market share, so we are just going to run through why you should do this with Google:
- By registering your business you will instantly improve your credibility. This makes it easier for your business to be found online. According to Google, photos get 40% more requests for directions and 90% of customers are more likely to visit a business that has photos on a Search/Maps results page.
- You can use the mobile app feature to update business info while on the go. You can download the app from Google Play (play.google.com) or the iTunes Store (apple.com/itunes).
- View reviews of the cx (customer experience), and reply to them through the app.
- It will help you to highlight real time content and voice directly to your existing and potential customers. It helps you to post special events, services and community posts.
- Create posts on the go and update attractive photos. It will help you to highlight real time content and voice directly to your existing and potential customers.
- It will show up in knowledge panel both on search and maps in both collapsed and expanded views on - Mobile and desktop.
- Treat your Google My Business page like a cross between your Linked In Profile and your Facebook profile. By this we mean to keep the content semi formal. Post regularly 3-4 times per week.
To set up a Google my Business account simply click here. It is free to set up and is an absolute necessity if you want to be found online. Google will ask a series of questions to verify your business and then they usually send out some information via post. However, when we set our account up we never received the information. We ended up emailing customer service and we were able to set it up over the phone.
Illume Marketing offers a FREE check of your Google My Business page and FREE initial set up. Click here to get in touch. Once again thanks for reading.